As Maternal Mental Health Matters Week comes to a close I’m vowing to make more time for me.
Self care is so important but it’s something I, and many other mums, often neglect.
So, to encourage myself to take better care of me and in turn my family I’ve made a list of 30 things to do before I’m 30.
30 before 30
As I get closer to turning 30,
A thought keeps occurring to me,
There’s so much that I want to do,
But never follow through,
Because of my “I’ll do it later” mentality.
So now I’m making this public vow,
That no matter what I will somehow,
Complete 30 things before I’m 30,
In November 2020,
And my mission starts right now.
Some of them are things that I’ve done before,
Whilst others are new areas to explore.
I’m looking forward to making time for me,
As it’s something that I’ve neglected lately,
And my mental health deserves more.
1. Learn how to do your makeup properly
2. Document your days in a diary
3. Cross 50 books off your must-read list
4. Learn to knit
5. Go a week without watching TV
6. Visit Paris and see the Eiffel tower
7. Write and send a handwritten letter
8. Send a postcard
9. See the view from the Shard
10. Become a blood donor
11. Go camping as a family
12. Watch a drive in movie
13. Be a zookeeper for the day
14. See if you can run 10k
15. Volunteer in the local community
16. Learn how to play the piano (again)
17. Go and climb a mountain
18. Treat yourself to something pricey
19. Have a fancy dinner party
20. Successfully grow something in the garden
21. Get a tattoo
22. Write a book or two
23. Visit a secret cocktail bar
24. Take a solo trip somewhere
25. Do something that scares you
26. Learn how to do calligraphy
27. Raise over £1,000 for charity
28. Start practicing meditation
29. Plan a super 30th birthday celebration
30. Write a 40 before 40
What would you put on your list? Let me know in the comments below. Or if you have some helpful tips or advice on how to do any of the things listed above please let me know.
Don’t forget to take a look at my other rhymes for Maternal Mental Health Matters too: