Who is the Rhyming Mum?
Hello. I’m Teri. I’m a twenty-something writer, designer, mum, wife, chocolate-lover, cake-eater and occasional wine-drinker.
Now, when you stumbled across this blog of mine, you might have been looking for a Pinterest/Instagram type mum. One to get lots of helpful tips and parenting advice from. One that will tell you how the hell to do this parenting thing right. One that rocks at all those funky DIYs on Pinterest and looks like they’re living the dream on Instagram – that kind of mum.
But, if that’s what you’re looking for, I’m sorry to tell you that you’re in the wrong place. I am not that mum and I have no business telling other people how they should be parenting. Sorry.
I’m the mum that constantly worries she’s doing it wrong. The one that makes mistakes. The one that thinks a successful day is when she’s had a shower and got dressed. The one that lives for caffeine and the occasional wine. Now, if that’s the kind of mum you can relate to then you might want to stick around.
Why do I rhyme?
- The day I decided to write this blog (September 1st 2017 in case you were wondering) I found some old notebooks containing book ideas, random ramblings and poems I’d written before I became a mum. (You know, back when I had lots of spare time to enjoy writing.) Then I realised that I’d somehow lost this creative part of me since becoming a mum. And then, in the sudden desperation to reclaim a part of the old me, this blog was born and there’s no turning back now.
- I think I’ve sung too many nursery rhymes and read too many baby books and the constant rhyming has gone to my head.
- Why not?
What can you expect from this blog?
- Rhymes. Lots of them. Probably not even good ones. Sometimes I survive on zero sleep so you can’t expect them all to be perfect.
- Tales from the front-line of parenting. Every single side of it. The good, the bad and the ugly.
- The cries of desperation from a mum who has no idea what she is doing. Just check my Google search history if you don’t believe me.
- Maybe I’ll even throw in a cute baby picture or two.
Does that sound like something you’d enjoy?
If for some crazy reason this sounds like something you’d enjoy sticking around to be a part of, please subscribe.
Or you could even comment below and let me know you’re here.
Whatever you decide to do thank you for stopping by. I hope to see you again soon.